We had an awesome time down in the Domincan Republic with DJ's family. DJ and I had forgotten how different things can be in a different country. Driving on the roads for example was complete madness! It seems as if they throw out all the traffic laws - no stopping at stoplights, no respect for lane lines, etc... Oh but how it is beautiful down there. We were able to go to 4 different beaches, and each one was unique, at one of them we were able to go snorkeling!! DJ and I also had the opportunity of going to a resort for a night without little MJ. One always imagines what it would be like to stay at a resort from what you hear and info from the media, well for us our stay at a resort met and exceeded our expectations. Eat what you want, whenever you want, and go as you please exploring all the recreation they have to offer. Best of all there is a beach at you side all the time! Thanks DJ's parents for that awesome opportunity!! We also had a great time shopping and haggling with the sellers. MJ did really well down there. She received plenty of attention from all the locals. They always wanted to touch her and always stated that she looked like a baby doll. I have put together a slideshow that is on the sidebar of our D.R. pics. Thanks to DJ's family for the great time!!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Back from the Caribbean!
We had an awesome time down in the Domincan Republic with DJ's family. DJ and I had forgotten how different things can be in a different country. Driving on the roads for example was complete madness! It seems as if they throw out all the traffic laws - no stopping at stoplights, no respect for lane lines, etc... Oh but how it is beautiful down there. We were able to go to 4 different beaches, and each one was unique, at one of them we were able to go snorkeling!! DJ and I also had the opportunity of going to a resort for a night without little MJ. One always imagines what it would be like to stay at a resort from what you hear and info from the media, well for us our stay at a resort met and exceeded our expectations. Eat what you want, whenever you want, and go as you please exploring all the recreation they have to offer. Best of all there is a beach at you side all the time! Thanks DJ's parents for that awesome opportunity!! We also had a great time shopping and haggling with the sellers. MJ did really well down there. She received plenty of attention from all the locals. They always wanted to touch her and always stated that she looked like a baby doll. I have put together a slideshow that is on the sidebar of our D.R. pics. Thanks to DJ's family for the great time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sounds like a blast! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.
oh my gosh it is beautiful. Looks like you all had a great time!
Sounds so fun and beautiful! I loved looking at the pictures on your slide show! Glad you guys had a great time! Welcome back!!
I am glad that you guys had such a great time! I love the picture in the slidshow of MJ with her sunglasses on!
February and March are the best times to go somewhere warm. Glad you had fun.
I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you so!
It does look beautiful there. I'm glad you guys had a great and relaxing time. Welcome back!
I'm glad you had a good time! I'm sure it was hard to come home! I can't even tell you how nice a Caribbean vacation sounds right about now! :)
Post a Comment