Thursday, September 1, 2011

Plugged...Unplugged

I am not one to do post such as this. But right now I am feeling a little inspired to do so due to this post from Kelle Hampton. Oh how I love her wonderful blog. In her post she discusses the daily positives and negatives of being "plugged" in - tv, cell phones, internet, etc... And it got me thinking of the things I enjoy being both "plugged" and "unplugged." Here are a few of my daily favorites:

Plugged:
- Connection to my family and friends through blogs, Facebook, email, etc...
- Sibbett Crushing. My family and I have this awesome food blog. Here we each share our meals for the week and also challenge each other to be more creative in the kitchen. I love feeling connected to them in this way.
- Sweet sites such as Pinterest, Make it and Love it, and Our Best Bites that fuel my creativity, and help me create a more beautiful (and yummy) home.
- The feeling of being social while not even leaving the house.
- Playing the Wii. MJ is getting quite good at Just Dance, especially Avril's "Girlfriend" that we do as a duet. Hehe!

Unplugged:
- Hearing my kids laugh together. A truly magical moment that occurs many times a day.
- Wrestling matches and playing with the kids on the floor. The other day DJ said to me "Why do we even have couches?" We are on the floor a lot interacting with the kids.
- Reading books with the kids.
- Watching SJ "attack." He already crawls and attacks others, mostly MJ. DJ has taught him well.
- Cuddling, whether it be with one of the kids or with DJ.
- Singing. Also listening to MJ sing and make up songs (I think she's going places with this one!).


Thinking through this teaches me that it is important to keep a good balance in life. I may have days being "plugged" in too much. I hope to always find that balance and keep all those positive things flowing!

Now share with me - what are your favorite daily moments of being "plugged" and "unplugged?"

2 comments:

sami.k said...

Oh my goodness....I need to get down there so I can play just dance with you guys....I want to see how good MJ is!

This post was so cute :) You are such a great mom!

Meg said...

The thing I love about being in a "plugged" world--not having to use a typewriter to type my dissertation. Could you imagine? Even our old "Brother" word processor would have been a terrible pain. The thing I don't like about technology--not everyone has equal access to it. Also students who dare to text in class! GRR.