Friday, January 2, 2009

Dinosaur at IKEA??

So I have received permission from DJ to tell this hilarious story. As you all know DJ is a very hardworking father and husband. Well New Year's Eve night we decided to go to bed around 11 o'clock. Okay, I know we are lame, who doesn't stay up on New Year's Eve?? Well, we had had a few rough nights with MJ and DJ had worked that morning super early and had to go back into work at 6 am. But our night didn't go without partying - We played some fun games together and had eaten some great food, including shrimp, wings and other yummy treats. So once DJ and I were in bed I was talking about how lame it was that we were in bed early on New Year's Eve, this was his response to my comments, and I quote "But don't worry Luce, we will get a dinosaur at IKEA in 3 weeks." After he said this I stared at him wondering what he was talking about and he himself had woken himself up with his crazy comment and asked me what he just said. We laughed for quite a while. Early the next morning when I was up feeding MJ at 4 am I thought of what he had said again and couldn't stop laughing!! So if any of you hear of IKEA selling dinosaurs let us know, cause apparently we are getting one!!

7 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is hilarious! But I can't laugh too much, I am a fellow sleep talker :-)

Kristy said...

I am a sleep talker also... and have been know to give away what presents I have bought people.

Wendy said...

lol! mike has been known to do that too!

Julie Williams said...

So funny! Just thought I would share, you aren't the only one that went to bed early. I was in bed by 10:30 PM. Rough week with Trevor--Next year I will try to stay awake until at least 10:45!

Erin Rebecca said...

Hehehehe! Funny Derrick! He says crazy things when he is awake too! Just kidding. Super funny, I would love to see the dinosaur after you get it. I'm sure if IKEA does not have one they will have one soon, that store has everything!

Suzanne said...

That's a great story! Hahahaha... I have done that before... The funniest is to hear other languages when people are sleeping. Then you really have no idea what is going on! :)

Aaron and Kathy said...

That is funny, one night Marcus was having a conversation in his sleep in spanish. Sleep talking must run in the family.