Wednesday, January 14, 2009
An Old Talent Re-awakened
Recently I have started playing my flute again. I played flute not only in a band in middle school and in high school but I also played in a musical quartet and also solo. It was a hobby that I really enjoyed at the time. But as time continued after high school other things/hobbies filled my life. Recently I had been receiving much encouragement/push from those I love to pick up the hobby/talent again. DJ's Mom, Kathy, really wanted me to get into again, DJ was also a great support and continues to say he loves to hear me play in our home. My parents also showed much support as I mentioned starting again. Another individual who had given me a push was Holly M. in our ward. She did this mostly by volunteering me for musical numbers and such!! :) Well I had forgotten how much I really enjoy this hobby/talent!! In December I played in public for the first time in 10 years!! I played during our Ward Sunday Christmas program!! How nerve racking!! However, since then I have received a lot of positive feedback from ward members. Which has also served as great encouragement. I have a long way to go before I reach where I want to be as a flutist, but thanks to the great encouragement of others I have once again picked up this long lost hobby. It is amazing the confidence you gain as you do something you love. Well, in my pursuit of becomimg a better flutist, I am beginning to put together a list of songs that I could possibly play at wedding receptions. I am struggling a bit to think of possible song options. Thus far I have select songs from Phantom of the Opera and Moulin Rouge to name a few. What song ideas do all of you have for me in my pursuit?? Thanks to all of those who have lent great support!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WAY TO GO!!! That's exciting!!
Some where over the Rainbow is always a fave at our house.
Sorry, I don't have any ideas, but you did an amazing job in church when you played. And when you told me 10 years, I couldn't believe it--because you did a wonderful job! Keep it up!
Oh, what I would give to be able to play ANY instrument! Music just isn't my "thing"! Keep up the good work.
I am thrilled that you are enjoying your talent again. I can't wait to hear you this summer.*** You could bring it and play it at church here. What a treat that would be for our ward members and our family.
Post a Comment