Friday, July 22, 2011

We love a good adventure!

Since we have moved here to the DFW area we have discovered plenty of awesome things to do in the area. I have blogged about a few but definitely not all! We love it! Yesterday was $1 Day at the Dallas Zoo. With that price (regularly $12) we decided to brave the crowds and heat.



Up until this point I wasn't sure if it was all worth it, there were TONS of people everywhere we turned and it was HOT HOT HOT! But after going to the African Savannah section of the Zoo I saw that it was definitely worth it. The zebras, giraffes and elephants are all in the same section that looks as if they took it right out of the Savannah with plenty of room to roam. The giraffes would come right up to you and eat right out of your hands!



Here are just a few other adventures we've had in the last few months in the area:

Petting Zoo at "The Taste of Dallas":

Fishing in Richardson:

Staying out of Jail in Downtown Grapevine:

Eating a turkey leg at the "Mayfest":

And through it all trying to stay cool with plenty of water ballons:



2 comments:

Erin said...

What an awesome zoo! I've heard TX has a lot of fun things to do.

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you are keeping so busy with all those fun adventures! I haven't been to the zoo in FOREVER... FUN!