Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Appeal on Plagiarism
At the end of DJ's semester last December he was checking his grades on-line. It was then that he found out that he had received a D+ in one of the classes he thought he deserved an A in. So he promptly wrote an email to his professor asking for the reason for the grade. The professor replied that he should know her policy on plagiarism. Come to find out a fellow student had taken DJ's final paper and basically copied it, made a few adjustments, and handed it in as their own. Both students, one being DJ, were accused of plagiarism!! Well the first step in clearing his name was to work through his professor, she at the time was out of the country. So DJ wrote up his appeal and sent it by email. She claimed that sufficient evidence was not presented. Next step was to appear before an Academic Appeals Committee and have a hearing. So after much preparation he presented before this Committee last week. We thought that the evidence was seemingly overwhelming, and I guess so did the Committee!!! Not to mention the other student didn't show up to the hearing after being asked to be there. DJ received and email just this morning from the professor who accused him of all this and stated that they have decided that in his case, this is not to be treated as plagiarism! What a relief!! Did I mention this whole process took 4 months!! I am so proud of DJ, he dealt with this situation with much patience and diligence. Thank you to all of those who showed support and concern during this time. We are more than happy that this chapter in our lives is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Those kind of things cause so much stress. Glad it is over.
Hooray! I am so glad it is over!
Oh good, glad it's over and it ended well for you guys!!
Wow, what a nightmare! I'm glad it all worked out.
Oh my goodness, what an ordeal. It would have been so easy to just take the D+ and move on, so way to go. I can't believe that other student did that and that teacher sounds pretty stinky.
Happiness!!! What a relief that it is all finally over with and that the outcome is what it should have been--to bad it had to take 4 months!
Yay!! What a relief!!
Hi Lucy! So sorry I didn't respond sooner. I went off in search of the font and then must have gotten distracted. (I do that a lot!)Thanks for your comments on my Shutterfly books. The font you asked about, the one I used for my "This is What Our Life Looks Like" book is called "Quirky" and you can find it at twopeasinabucket.com. You should be able to find it here: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/23219/ . You have a beautiful family too.
Yeah!!!!! It helps he is a good, honest trustworthy man!!!
Congratulations
Dang! Glad its over too. You guys have some experience under your belt, that's for sure:)
Post a Comment