Earlier this week I was playing around, doing some random searches on our laptop, our only reliable computer. I clicked on one link and the laptop when crazy! All sorts of pop-ups with warnings about a virus. Needless to say, a nasty virus had been placed on our laptop. I spent a while trying to remedy the problem, and when Derrick came home he tried to remedy the problem. As time went on, the virus seemed to spread and get worse. Derrick took the laptop to Best Buy the next day and the Geek Squad informed us that there was no hope unless we were willing to pay quite a bit to fix it!! They informed us that they might not be able to fix it because their anti-viral software didn't even pick up on the virus! So after much consideration Derrick and I decided to get a new laptop. We decided on a Mac because that was going to be the next computer we wanted to get. We weren't going to get one for another year or so for Derrick's grad school but Derrick needed a reliable computer now for school and its nice for me to have it also to keep in contact with family/friends and for Young Women's. A great thing about Macs is that viruses cannot attack them!!! Our families will also be happy to hear that our Mac has a web cam!! That will be great to show off our growing little MJ. We love our Mac! I am just still trying to get over the money we spent!!!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Attack of the Viruses
Earlier this week I was playing around, doing some random searches on our laptop, our only reliable computer. I clicked on one link and the laptop when crazy! All sorts of pop-ups with warnings about a virus. Needless to say, a nasty virus had been placed on our laptop. I spent a while trying to remedy the problem, and when Derrick came home he tried to remedy the problem. As time went on, the virus seemed to spread and get worse. Derrick took the laptop to Best Buy the next day and the Geek Squad informed us that there was no hope unless we were willing to pay quite a bit to fix it!! They informed us that they might not be able to fix it because their anti-viral software didn't even pick up on the virus! So after much consideration Derrick and I decided to get a new laptop. We decided on a Mac because that was going to be the next computer we wanted to get. We weren't going to get one for another year or so for Derrick's grad school but Derrick needed a reliable computer now for school and its nice for me to have it also to keep in contact with family/friends and for Young Women's. A great thing about Macs is that viruses cannot attack them!!! Our families will also be happy to hear that our Mac has a web cam!! That will be great to show off our growing little MJ. We love our Mac! I am just still trying to get over the money we spent!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man that would stink... I hate computers sometimes. My work one just went out, and had to get repaired...
When should I come over for lunch again?
Post a Comment