Friday, December 19, 2008

Sleep anyone??


Okay, so all of you will first look at this pic of little MJ and think "Oh what a cute picture of her sleeping!!" Well, here is the story - For the past 2 weeks now you could say that we have been struggling a bit with MJ and her new sleep habits. During the night she wakes up about every half hour to every hour! I am not exaggerating on this one!! One would say that its not too bad because usually I just have to go in and put her binky back in her mouth. But after I always have a difficult time going back to sleep. So... right as I find myself asleep again she is up again!!! I can't figure out why this is happening!! Then, during the day she takes wonderful 2-3 hour naps that go without her waking up!! This pic was taken just this morning when she fell asleep on her play mat for her first uninterrupted nap of the day! I hope that this is a phase that she will grow out of soon, not only for my sanity's sake but for her too. I worry that she isn't getting the sleep she needs and I worry something is wrong, that there is something that I could be doing differently to help her. To all of you out there, do you have any advice to a new worried mother who is a bit sleep deprived???

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

As awful as it sounds, especially if she is taking more than one long nap like that during the day, I would try waking her up from her naps after an hour or hour and a half. Maybe she is getting too much sleep durign the day? But I may be wrong, at least the naps are a break :-)

Brooke said...

Hey Lucy, I found your blog through Camisha's. It's Brooke (Matthews) Buchanan! First off, your little MJ is a dollie. I LOVED her blessing dress. So so cute! It's so fun to be able to maybe keep in touch a little better. My sister-in-law just told me about a great book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. I just ordered it from amazon so I don't have it yet, but she said there is some great stuff in there...might be worth a try. I know for me...I'm so new at all of this that I don't know anything...I need all the help I can get! Ha ha. Anyways, fun to see your blog. We live close so we should get together one day. We're just up in South Weber. Our blog is bandbuchanan.blogspot.com.

Tata for now!